Suspecting your child has a developmental delay or a difference can be scary and confusing. Many families who visit us don’t know how to help their children or understand what conditions their child may have.
The experts at CPMC’s Kalmanovitz Child Development Center provide comprehensive developmental assessment and treatment programs for infants, preschoolers, school-age children and adolescents who manifest developmental delays or differences. We also help children with other special needs. A multi-disciplinary team assists families and professionals with recommendations about the child/adolescent’s developmental, behavioral and learning needs by providing diagnostic information, treatment options, consultation, continuity of service and support for families.
In existence for more than 50 years, we are the largest multi-disciplinary clinic of this kind in Northern California, providing about 18,000 visits per year. Our highly trained and caring child development experts are committed to meeting the needs of you and your child. The Center has bilingual staff in Spanish for most services, and interpreter services are available in a variety of languages for all services.
We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Physical Therapy Evaluation and Treatment
- Occupational Therapy Evaluation and Treatment
- Speech Therapy Evaluation and Treatment
- Educational Assessment and Treatment
- Child/Adolescents Psychoeducational Assessments and Therapy
- Parent Consultations for Developmental, Behavioral and Educational concerns
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (Whitney) Follow-up Clinic
- Developmental Feeding Clinic
- Hanen Speech-Language Consultation Programs