Sutter Rehabilitation Institute is the first rehabilitation facility in the greater Sacramento region designed and built exclusively for patients recovering from life-altering trauma and illness. Our 55,000 square-foot facility was built with your experience in mind. Ample light, warm colors and outdoor areas create a pleasant, welcoming environment that promotes healing. Other features include:
- Large private rooms, along with a few semi-private rooms for no more than two patients, allowing family members to fully participate in the rehabilitation process. All rooms are equipped with patient lifts to ease mobility for those patients with specialized needs.
- Nursing stations ideally situated for greater access to and by patients.
- Therapy areas range from small, private treatment rooms to large therapy gyms with state-of-the-art equipment. One of our therapy rooms is outfitted for Nintendo®’s Wii for Wii-Hab to provide rehabilitation with a healthy dose of fun.
- An outdoor therapy area that enables patients to regain mobility outside the home, including multiple surfaces and everyday challenges such as curbs and crosswalks. The outdoor area also includes a basketball court, putting green and garden.
- A large indoor and outdoor dining area that encourages socialization and makes it easy for families to share meals with their loved ones. We also have a private dining area that accommodates patients who are unable to tolerate larger, noisy areas.
- Dedicated unit and private rooms designed specifically for brain-injury patients.
- A transitional apartment for patients and families to stay together and practice daily life with support before going home.
- An education area with several Internet-enabled computers and learning modules for patients and families.
- A connecting walkway directly to Sutter Roseville Medical Center that provides easy access to an acute care hospital, should the need arise.
From initial conception through design and construction, we worked tirelessly to make the Institute uniquely suited to the real-world needs of our patients and their families. We drew on the experience of veteran rehabilitation specialists and the wisdom of former rehabilitation patients to help us create a place that would meet the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs of patients dealing with the effects of life-altering illness and trauma.
Take a 360° video tour of our 55,000-square-foot facility, the region's only facility dedicated exclusively for rehabilitation.
Learn more about what you can expect during your stay: