During pregnancy, you may feel like you have a thousand questions, ranging from what to eat to how to plan for childbirth. At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, we offer classes, support groups and lecture series to answer all the questions you may have. Our classes are designed to increase your knowledge and confidence as you prepare for the birth of your baby and life beyond.
Classes to Take Before Your Baby Arrives
- Childbirth Preparation
- VBAC, Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (also called TOLAC, Trial of Labor After Cesarean)
- Baby Care
- Sibling Prep Classes
- Childbirth Refresher Classes
- Birth Center Tours
Classes, Services and Groups for After Your Baby's Birth
- New Moms Support Groups
- Breastfeeding Support Groups
- Outpatient Lactation Consultation (Berkeley or Lafayette locations)
- Breast Pump Rental
- Palliative Care and Bereavement Support Groups
Tools and Resources
We also offer a full range of tools and articles covering every aspect of your pregnancy. Visit Babies at Sutter Health.