Breastfeeding allows you and your baby to emotionally bond in a special way. It also delivers a wide range of health benefits. The American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology both recommend exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months of a baby’s life. The AAP also recommends continuing breastfeeding in combination with solid food through 1 year of age and beyond.
In the Sutter Health network, we are committed to helping mothers who want to breastfeed.
We offer breastfeeding support services including:
- Childbirth classes that include training on breastfeeding.
- Phone advice line for breastfeeding questions.
- In-hospital breastfeeding classes.
- Rental of breast pumps and purchase of breastfeeding supplies (breast pads, nipple creams) at our hospital shops.
- One-on-one support from lactation consultants.
Review our complete offering of breastfeeding classes to find a location near you.
For questions, to request a meeting with a lactation consultant, or find out about our schedule of breastfeeding support groups, call (707) 954-6628.