Concierge Medicine FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Concierge medicine is a membership-based practice that offers highly personalized primary care with 24/7 access.
PAMF Encina Practice of Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) is located at 49 Wells Avenue, 3rd Floor, Palo Alto, CA 94301.
San Francisco Concierge Medicine at Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) is co-located with the Institute for Health & Healing at 2300 California Street, San Francisco.
With concierge medicine, you have the chance to develop a deep, personal relationship with your doctor as well as your wellness nurse practitioner and other clinicians who are dedicated to your whole health. The 24/7 access and innovative team approach offer a uniquely customized experience.
Concierge medicine at Sutter Health is available to any current Sutter patient. If you're not currently a Sutter patient, you'll automatically become one if you join the PAMF or SPMF San Francisco concierge practice.
PAMF Encina accepts adult patients age 18 or older.
SF Concierge Medicine accepts adults of any age and children up to age 18 who live in a member's home.
Yes. Concierge doctors provide hospital, emergency room, home and skilled nursing home visits as needed and based on location.
We accept insurance including, but not limited to, HMO, POS, EPO or PPO plans, or Medicare. Please call the program office to check your benefit coverage.
This is provided free of charge so you can meet your new physician and to see if concierge medicine is right for you.
In addition to the monthly membership fee you or your health insurer will be responsible for payment for billable healthcare services.
The membership fee may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor about your medical fee tax deductions.
Please consult your specific FSA, HCRA or HSA plan details to see if you can use your pre-tax dollars for the monthly membership fee.
Join a concierge medicine program by taking the following steps:
- Call to schedule a nonmedical meet-and-greet appointment, meet with one of the concierge medicine doctors. We welcome your questions during this free session.
- Before your meet-and-greet appointment, you’ll receive information via email. This will include the enrollment and participation agreement forms. You may also receive hard copies of the enrollment and participation agreement forms at your meet-and-greet appointment.
- After your meet-and-greet appointment, please return your two completed forms (enrollment and signed participation agreement) by dropping them off at the front desk; scanning, then emailing or faxing them to us; or mailing them to the appropriate program office.
- You may choose to start your membership after you submit your two completed forms or the day your first medical appointment occurs. Fees are charged to a credit card that you designate.
- Schedule your first medical appointment either at the front desk after your meet-and-greet appointment, by phone or through My Health Online (MHO). Enroll in MHO.
Membership is available to all Sutter Health patients regardless of insurance type, including Medicare or HMO insurance. If you’re not a Sutter patient, you’ll automatically become one by joining PAMF Encina Practice or San Francisco Concierge Medicine. It’s your responsibility to notify your health insurance of the change in your medical provider group.
In this nonmedical appointment, you’ll meet the concierge medicine doctor to learn more about their philosophy of care and the concierge program, and ask any questions you may have. Please note that your doctor won't discuss medical issues during this meet-and-greet appointment. You won’t need to provide us with medical records at this visit. If you’re interested, you may sign up to become a concierge medicine member at this appointment.
Contact Info and Locations
PAMF Encina Practice is on the same campus as the Palo Alto Medical Foundation in Palo Alto. Our offices are on the third floor in the Wells Building off of Wells Avenue and Urban Lane.
For PAMF Encina: Parking is conveniently located below the Wells Building off of Urban Lane. Enter on the side of the building facing the train tracks.
For SF Concierge Medicine: Parking is conveniently located behind the 2300 California Street building at Webster Street.