Chances are very good that you will meet a surgeon on the operating table at some point. In fact, one study suggests individuals may have an average of 9.2 surgeries in a lifetime.
The Sutter Health network includes hundreds of experienced specialty surgeons. Neurosurgeons perform delicate surgeries in the brain and spinal cord, helping patients with epilepsy, cancer, Parkinson’s and many other diseases and disorders to recover. Pediatric surgeons care for your children’s needs, from the womb through their teen years.
We provide surgical services for a wide range of health needs, whether it is a gastric sleeve surgery to finally achieve an elusive weight-loss goal or a cochlear implant to help a deaf child hear.
Specialty surgeons in the Sutter Health network have been recognized for their skill and excellence by many judges of quality in healthcare. Here are a few highlights:
- CareChex — Ranked in the top 10 percent of California hospitals for excellence in neurological surgery.
- Truven Health Analytics — 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals.
- Healthgrades — Joint Replacement Excellence Award.
- Joint Commission — Top Performer in Surgical Care.
Whether the surgery you need is common or rare, surgeons across the Sutter Health network are certified in dozens of specialties. Here are some of the procedures, both common and highly specialized, available.
- Angioplasty and Atherectomy — To open arteries clogged with plaque, our cardiovascular surgeons perform hundreds of these procedures annually.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery — For the one out of 10 patients who cannot be helped with angioplasty and stent placement, performed by cardiac surgeons.
- Endovascular Coil Embolization — A technique that eliminates aneurysms through microcatheters using platinum micro-coils, often placed by neurosurgeons.
- Lens and Cataract Surgery — To remove a cloudy area on the lens of the eye and, in most cases, replace your lens with an intraocular lens, performed by an eye surgeon.
- Joint Replacement — Replaces the knee, hip or shoulder, performed on patients as early as their 40s and 50s by orthopedic surgeons.
- Whipple Procedure — A highly specialized and complex surgical treatment for pancreatic cancer. Hepatobiliary surgeons at several Sutter sites are expert in Whipple surgeries.