A diabetes diagnosis can be scary, but it can also be the start of a journey toward better health. At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, part of the Sutter Health network, our specialists have been providing comprehensive diabetes care for more than 25 years. Our doctors, nurses, dietitians and diabetes educators partner with you to manage diabetes and restore your health.
Leveraging the expertise of our multidisciplinary Diabetes Council, we use a team approach and best practices to address all aspects of diabetes treatment and management. Our program is the only one in the East Bay recognized by the American Diabetes Association. We offer a wide range of programs and services, including:
- Group and individual support programs to answer your questions and help you monitor glucose levels, blood pressure and other health indicators.
- Weight management and fitness programs to help you lose weight and get active.
- Educational programs to help you reach your glucose management, weight loss, fitness and other diabetes management goals.
- Diabetes support groups that give you the chance to share and learn from others with diabetes.
- Advanced specialty care for diabetic complications.