Feeling depressed or anxious does not have to be a part of getting older. If you are suffering from a behavioral health issue in what are supposed to be your golden years, let the mental health experts at experts at Mills-Peninsula help. Many mental health disorders can be successfully treated, no matter your age.
At Mills-Peninsula, our behavioral health services for seniors include:
Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Care
This treatment program is specifically designed with the older person in mind. Our caring and highly qualified staff will help you overcome symptoms of depression, anxiety and mental health issues due to the loss of your spouse, job loss or retirement, reduced income and status, isolation, medical issues, changes in your living situation or family conflict.
The program can provide an alternative to, or transition from, inpatient care. Attendance is three to four days a week, 10 am – 2 pm, and lunch is provided.
Dual Diagnosis Program for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
This proven program is uniquely suited to older adults who are experiencing both mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, as well as alcohol or drug problems, including addiction to prescription medicine. The staff has a special understanding of older adults whose drinking has become a problem.
Attendance is three to four days per week, 10 am – 2 pm, and lunch is provided.
Transitions After-Care Therapy Group
This group provides the support you may need in coping with the challenges of aging, including changing roles and responsibilities, physical limitations, loneliness, depression, alcohol or drug abuse or the loss of a loved one.
This group is a valuable transition from intensive outpatient programs and a beneficial addition to individual psychotherapy. Participants attend weekly, one-hour group sessions.
Important Features of Our Mental Health Services Include:
- Compassionate care provided in the healing environment at Mills-Peninsula Medical Center - San Mateo Campus
- Individualized assessment and treatment plans
- Stress reduction training
- Psychotherapy groups led by experienced professionals
- Educational groups that cover topics such as coping with aging, effects of drugs and alcohol, coping with depression and healthy living
- Referral to Redi-Wheels for disabled transportation support, if eligible
- Bag lunch provided
- Family education and support
- Dual diagnosis treatment for seniors with coexisting mental health and chemical dependency issues
- Most services are eligible for Medicare coverage or Medicare HMO insurance coverage
There’s no reason to spend your older years feeling unhappy and isolated. Give us a call and let us help you return to good mental health.