At Mills-Peninsula, our mental health services for seniors include:
Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Care
This treatment program is specifically designed with the older person in mind. Our caring and highly qualified staff will help you overcome symptoms of depression, anxiety and mental health issues due to the loss of your spouse, job loss or retirement, reduced income and status, isolation, medical issues, changes in your living situation or family conflict.
The program can provide an alternative to, or transition from, inpatient care. Attendance is two to four days a week, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and lunch is provided.
Dual Diagnosis Program for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
This proven mental healthcare program is uniquely suited to older adults who are experiencing both mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, as well as alcohol or drug problems, including addiction to prescription medicine. The staff has a special understanding of older adults whose drinking has become a problem.
Attendance is two to four days per week, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and lunch is provided.
Transitions After Care Therapy Group
This weekly, one-hour group provides the valuable support you may need in coping with the challenges of aging, including changing roles and responsibilities, physical limitations, loneliness, depression, alcohol or drug abuse or the loss of a loved one.
This valuable group therapy session is the perfect addition to individual psychotherapy sessions and an excellent, stable transition from our outpatient mental health services program. Attendance is one hour a week.
Important Features of our Mental Health Services Include:
- Compassionate care provided in the healing environment at Mills-Peninsula Medical Center � San Mateo Campus
- Individualized assessment and treatment plans
- Stress reduction training
- Psychotherapy groups led by experienced professionals
- Educational groups that cover topics such as coping with aging, effects of drugs and alcohol, coping with depression and assertiveness training
- Referral to Redi-Wheels for disabled transportation support, if eligible
- Bag lunch provided
- Family education and support
- Dual diagnosis treatment for seniors with mental health problems and chemical dependency issues
- Most services are eligible for Medicare coverage or Medicare HMO insurance coverage
- Behavioral Health Care
- Addiction Treatment
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment at Mills-Peninsula
- Community Meetings for Addiction Recovery at Mills-Peninsula
- Inpatient Stabilization at Mills-Peninsula
- Intensive Outpatient at Mills-Peninsula
- Teenage Mental Health Services at Mills-Peninsula
- Inpatient Detoxification