Shakiness, stiffness, tremor or other movement disorder symptoms can greatly impair your daily life. The Movement Disorder Clinic at CPMC provides advanced diagnostic services, treatment options and pain management for Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, Huntington’s disease, restless leg syndrome, gait disorders and other movement disorders.
At the Movement Disorder Clinic, we bring a holistic approach to care, focusing on the body’s own ability to heal, along with the use of medications, other interventions, including botulinum toxin injections, and surgical treatment, such as deep brain stimulation surgery or ablative procedures. We use comprehensive consultations, imaging tests, laboratory analysis, videotape analysis and genetic testing to make a movement disorder diagnosis.
Highlights of our program:
- Comprehensive neurological evaluation with extended appointment times.
- Continuity of care with the same senior-level attending doctor every time.
- Communication of care with your referring and primary care doctor after every visit.
- Comprehensive approach to treatment.
- A monthly support group and Q&A session for Parkinson’s led by a doctor.