Pediatric orthopedists at CPMC partner with other pediatric specialists to meet the needs of your child. Depending on the condition, your care team may include pediatric orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, rheumatologists, endocrinologists and other pediatric experts.
Many surgeons on our teams are nationally recognized as leaders in minimally invasive orthopedic surgery. They work closely with our microsurgery team to perform reconstructive surgery for patients with cancer, scoliosis and traumatic injuries. Their goal: to successfully return children to a normal routine as quickly as possible. CPMC also provides a wide range of related resources, including physical therapy, rehabilitation and orthotic services.
Our goal is to provide excellent patient care, involving the referring doctor, the child and each family in all aspects of the child’s surgical care.
Our teams specialize in conditions including:
- ACL injuries
- Bone and cartilage deficiencies and disorders
- Scoliosis and other spine problems
- Severe trauma to the spine and extremities
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Limb length differences
- Hip dislocation and dysplasia
- Club foot and other congenital orthopedic abnormalities
- Growth plate fractures
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Perthes disease
- Slipped capital epiphysis