Being unable to complete daily tasks can be frustrating and discouraging, especially following an injury, illness or surgery. Certified occupational therapists at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center work with you to develop, restore or maintain the skills you need to regain independence.
Highly-trained occupational therapists provide training for daily activities such as dressing, bathing, writing or cooking. We create personalized goals for improving your fine motor skills and strengthening and improving the function of your arms, forearms and hands. Our occupational therapists provide care in our Regional Acute Rehabilitation Center and on an outpatient basis, depending on your needs.
Our occupational therapy services include:
- Activities of daily living, home management and safety: Includes community reintegration and use of assistive devices.
- Adaptive equipment assessment and instruction: Training, consultation and referral.
- Cognitive retraining for memory, attention, processing and executive functions.
- Neuromuscular retraining — Includes joint range of motion, strengthening, endurance, motor control and tone management.
- Splinting/orthoses — Development/evaluation, fabrication, training, consultation and referral.
- Visual-perceptual skills development — Adaptive strategies and predriving assessment.
- Wheelchair fittings and seating evaluations and referrals.