Recovering from a stroke takes time and effort. If you’ve suffered a stroke, the Inpatient Acute Stroke Specialty Program at California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center provides a coordinated rehab process to address your needs. We emphasize a comprehensive, personalized and educational approach to recovery that focuses on both your physical and psychosocial well-being so you can achieve your best function at home, in your community and while engaged in your favorite activities.
Stroke rehab often takes place in a hospital or acute inpatient rehab center, where neurological specialists evaluate your needs for physical and occupational therapy; speech, language and swallowing therapy; and neuropsychology services. We use comprehensive medical management, therapeutic interventions, state-of-the-art technologies, complementary therapies and a warm, healing atmosphere to maximize your recovery.
California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center offers a multi-level continuum of services. We’re accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), signifying excellence in acute physical rehabilitation. Program highlights include:
- On-site, 24-hour services and more than 800 specialists.
- Comprehensive medical supervision by a board-certified physiatrist.
- A transdisciplinary rehab team with expertise in care and treatment of stroke patients.
- Patient- and family-centered case management to ensure you get the support, counseling and education you need.
- Customized therapy to enhance cognition, reduce complications and maximize outcomes.
- Weekly transdisciplinary team conferences to provide clinical focus, define goals and evaluate treatment plans.
- A patient and family resource center with computer and internet access.
Acute Stroke Team
Our transdisciplinary team approach for stroke rehabilitation includes such specialists as:
- Board-certified physiatrists
- Certified rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language pathologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Case managers
- Peer support
- Pastoral care