The moment you meet your baby happens only once, so you want a place dedicated to extraordinary care. At CPMC, we welcome you and your family to define your birthing experience. Our labor-delivery-recovery rooms provide a homelike, private atmosphere with coaching and comfort.
CPMC’s family-focused birth centers have earned honors including:
- Recognition as an Honor Roll Hospital by the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative.
- Joint Commission Gold Seals of Approval.
- Lower than state and national averages for elective deliveries and c-sections, according to the independent Leapfrog Group and the Department of Health and Human Services Hospital Compare.
- Better than target averages for maternal care according to Leapfrog Group measures.
- Collaborative certified nurse midwife and obstetrical teams.
- Special Nursery Care unit and immediate transport to Neonatal Intensive Care (Van Ness) if needed.
- Breastfeeding education and bedside assistance from an Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Ongoing support and education through Newborn Connections.
- Register for an in-person tour or take a virtual tour of the Mission Bernal Women’s Clinic Birth Center.
- Level III NICU.
- Comprehensive, professionally staffed lactation consult program through Newborn Connections.
- Register for an in-person tour or take a virtual tour of the Van Ness Birth Center.
For more information, visit our pregnancy and childbirth resource library.