The moment you meet your baby happens only once. Ensure it happens in a place dedicated to extraordinary care for babies and new mothers. Our family-centered birth centers have earned honors including:
- Baby Friendly Hospital Designations.
- Joint Commission Gold Seals of Approval.
- “A” Grades in The Leapfrog Group’s® Spring 2015 Hospital Safety Score℠.
- Lower than state and national averages for elective deliveries according to the independent Leapfrog Group and the Department of Health and Human Services Hospital Compare.
- Better than target averages for maternal care according to the independent Leapfrog Group measures.
We welcome you to define your birthing experience. Do you want to listen to your favorite music while giving birth? Or ease your contractions in the shower? Our labor-delivery-recovery rooms provide a comfortable, private atmosphere for the delivery of your baby.
If you opt for one of the many forms of natural childbirth, our staff is there to offer coaching and comfort. Should you decide that you want something more for pain, many of our locations offer obstetrical anesthesiologists 24 hours a day.
In addition to your doctor or midwife, our nursing staff works with you throughout the labor process. Our nurses are specially trained—many with more than 15 years of service in caring for new mothers and babies.
For a comprehensive suite of tools and articles about labor and delivery, visit Babies at Sutter Health.