Do you like meeting new people and helping others? PAMF Santa Cruz is currently seeking dedicated volunteers for their volunteer programs who can help put a smile on every patient's face and add a personal touch to the care patients receive.
Our volunteers assist with a number of tasks, including:
- Greeting patients
- Staffing general information desks
- Guiding patients to various locations and departments on the campus
- Calling cabs
- Providing wheelchair assistance and transportation
- Helping patients navigate the parking lots
- Setting out magazines in waiting areas
- Generally making patients and guests comfortable through simple acts of kindness such as offering a listening ear or a glass of water
Benefits of Volunteering
- The satisfaction of helping others by making patients feel comfortable and helping them get through their visits as efficiently as possible
- "Get acquainted" luncheons and special events with guest speakers
- Four-hour shifts, Monday through Friday.
- Shifts are from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Most volunteers work once or twice a week, and interested volunteers are asked to make a one-year commitment.
- Volunteers must be willing to be stationed at various areas throughout PAMF Santa Cruz.
In addition, interested volunteers must be:
- 16 years old or older.
- Willing to undergo a background check; drug test; tuberculosis and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) blood test; and MMR, Tdap and chicken pox immunizations. Volunteers must maintain current flu vaccinations during designated seasons.
- Willing to review and certify that they will uphold all confidentiality, safety, HIPAA and infection control policies.
- Able to attend an intake meeting. These are held twice a month.
We invite you to inquire today. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Grace Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org.