Integrated Care Benefits Patients
We are a national leader in healthcare quality with the majority of hospitals and care facilities across Sutter Health’s integrated network outperforming state and national averages in many measures of quality.
Sutter Health provides access to healthcare across urban, suburban and rural communities by offering comprehensive patient services and quality health programs tailored to the diverse communities we serve.
Our integration and focus on best practices reduce medical complications, unnecessary procedures and hospital visits, which helps to lower cost of care for our patients and employers. We have kept increases to insurers to less than 3% annually since 2014.
Sutter Health’s integrated network invests heavily in research and pilot programs that fuel advancements in our patients’ care and medical research across the country. We spread these innovations and best practices across our connected model of care. This leads to better health outcomes for our patients today and progress toward cures for generations to come.
Facts at a Glance
- Physicians — 12,000+
- Advanced Practice Clinicians — 2,000
- Nurses — 14,500
- Employees — 53,000+
- Volunteers — 5,000
- Hospitals — 24
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers — 36
- Cardiac Centers — 7
- Cancer Centers — 9
- Acute Rehabilitation Centers — 4
- Behavioral Health Centers — 8
- Trauma Centers — 5
- Licensed General Acute Care Beds — 4,188
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units — 8
- Births — 30,274
- Discharges — 188,367
- Hospital Emergency Room Visits — 844,249
- Hospital Outpatient Visits — 1,810,926
- Medical Foundation Visits — 9,159,694
- Patient Days — 914,247
- Sutter Care at Home, Home Health Visits — 649,456
- Sutter Care at Home, Hospice Visits — 211,364