Although heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States—accounting for one in four deaths every year—you can do a lot to prevent or reduce your risk of heart-related problems, and CPMC's cardiac programs can help.
We offer advanced and effective diagnostic services to pinpoint your heart condition, and a variety of treatment options tailored to your specific needs.
Cardiologists at CPMC can help you manage or lower conditions such as high blood pressure (hypertension), one of the main causes of heart attack and stroke, and high cholesterol (hyperlipidemia), which can result in heart attack or chest pain (stable angina) or unstable angina.
Sutter Health and CPMC offer a range of programs and classes to help you reach your heart health goals, prevent future cardiovascular problems and improve your overall health:
- Heart Smart Classes
- Low Fat Living for a Healthy Heart Class
- Smoking Cessation Classes
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Classes
- Stress Relief: A Pathway to Wholeness Classes
- Sutter Options for Success (SOS) Program
- Living Well With Pre-Diabetes Classes
- New Weigh of Life Program
- CardioMetabolic Program