Studies show it’s easier to lose weight with help. At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, we offer nutrition counseling and a variety of weight loss classes and medically supervised programs to help you improve your health and reach your weight loss goals.
Our programs offer you the opportunity to:
- Set a goal in consultation with a weight loss expert and achieve measurable weight loss.
- Significantly reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Lower cholesterol and glucose levels, blood pressure and associated health risks.
- Manage digestive diseases and food allergies.
- Meet nutrition requirements during pregnancy.
To meet your individual needs, we offer a variety of weight loss tools and approaches, from meal replacement products to customized diets for specific health conditions. Our programs may feature medical monitoring, regular classes, private consultations with weight loss experts, and training to break old habits and develop healthy, lifelong new routines.
In addition to weight loss, past participants in our programs have seen significant improvements in health outcomes, including lowering high blood sugar and high triglycerides levels and reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol.
In some cases, your health plan may cover all or part of the costs of a formal weight management program. Check with your health plan for details.