- Get out of bed slowly, avoid sudden movements
- Eat bread or crackers before getting out of bed in the morning
- Eat small, frequent meals throughout the day
- Avoid greasy and fried foods, coffee, or acidic food. Bland foods are best
- Try sucking on cold foods such as popsicles
- Eat ginger
- Cold, clear, and carbonated fluids are best
If these things do not help the nausea and vomiting, let your provider know. He/she may prescribe vitamin B6, unisom (which serves as an antihistamine), or nausea medication.
If you are unable to tolerate any food or water, you should call your doctor or go to the Emergency Room. It is important to stay well hydrated in pregnancy.