Choosing the right doctor is a big deal. This is why we provide online access to our patient satisfaction scores, in the form of easy-to-compare ratings. These ratings are based on responses from surveys gathered by an independent surveyor, NRC Health, shortly after a person’s doctor visit.
You can use these ratings to help you choose the doctor who’s right for you. To make sure we provide the most up-to-date information, ratings are based on surveys completed in the past 24 months. A doctor must have at least 30 completed patient surveys in order to receive a rating, so you may see some doctors without a rating.
Survey questions and standards are set by the highly regarded Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS). They are overseen by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Ratings are based on the following survey questions pertaining to the individual’s direct interaction with the doctor:
- What number (from 0-10) would you use to rate this provider?
- Did the physician explain things in a way that was easy to understand?
- Did the physician listen carefully to you?
- Did the physician seem to know important information about your medical history?
- Did the physician show respect for what you had to say?
- Did the physician spend enough time with you?
Sutter Health wants to provide you with an exceptional experience, every time. We hope these ratings from actual patients make your search for a doctor even easier. For more information about CAHPS, visit https://www.ahrq.gov/cahps/index.html.