The Sutter Health Matching Capital Matching Grant Program encourages Sutter affiliates to apply for challenge grants that can only be received if the affiliate meets a specific fundraising goal within a certain period of time. Over the past several years, Sutter Lakeside Hospital has reached out to Lake County for their support in funding healthcare equipment and programs, and Sutter Health has matched donors dollar-for-dollar up to the matching grant amount.
- Women’s Imaging Equipment — In 2012, donors joined together to raise $55,000 to purchase a Mammatome Breast Biopsy System and a GE Lunar Prodigy DexaScanner for the Women’s Imaging Department. In late summer of 2013, Lake County women can have their breast biopsies performed under either MRI or ultrasound technology on an outpatient procedure right here at Sutter Lakeside! Patients of all ages can have a Dexascan performed to assess bone loss, an important diagnostic test that can help prevent fractures before they begin.
- Mobility Park — Thanks to the generosity of our donors in 2011, the Sutter Lakeside Hospital Foundation met Sutter’s matching grant challenge to raise $110,000 for a new Mobility Park. Now our rehab patients have a place to master the physical challenges they face in the real world in a supervised outdoor environment. We invite you to come and take a look at one of the prettiest parts of Sutter Lakeside’s campus.
- Stroke Telemedicine — Lake County donors raised $78,000, which was coupled with a Sutter Health $78,000 matching grant to purchase Stroke Telemedicine equipment. Now, our physicians work with a specialized team of stroke doctors at Sutter’s California Pacific Medical Center’s Neuroscience Institute to diagnose and treat stroke patients right here at Sutter Lakeside.
In the Hospital
Your generous support provided funds to provide the following life-saving medical devices and specialized training for hospital staff:
- New Equipment — Acquired Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) device to aid recovery after joint surgery.
- Patient Safety — Received a grant to provide advanced training and best practice protocols for anticoagulation therapy.
- Prevention — Purchased blood lead screening machine for pediatric patients.
In the Community
Sutter Lakeside Hospital is commitment in providing high quality medical care to the residents of Lake County:
- Women and Children — Served nearly 6,000 children and families with our “Healthy Kids Are Contagious” programs that provide wellness education to all schools in Lake County.
- Adult Wellness — Sutter Lakeside Hospital hosts monthly support groups for community members who are recovering from a stroke, dealing with a chronic illness, or giving care to a loved one with a terminal condition. The group is free and open to the public. The Community Clinic also hosts a diabetes management support group, led by a registered nurse and certified diabetes educator.
- Healthy Community — Sutter Lakeside Hospital proudly expands access to healthcare in Lake County by organizing the annual Heroes of Health and Safety Fair in partnership with local and state health and safety organizations. The fair is free and open to the public, and affords attendees the opportunity to receive free flu shots, health screenings, dental screenings, diabetes testing, and more. The fair serves over 2,000 community members each year!