We’re committed to supporting high-quality primary care and specialty physicians who wish to practice in the Sacramento area. We offer an attractive salary and benefits program, as well as flexibility in practice location.
One of the greatest benefits for physicians in the group arises from the partnership between Sutter Medical Group and Sutter Health. This team approach allows physicians to concentrate on what they do best—providing high quality, cost-effective medical care to their patients. Sutter Medical Foundation does its share by contracting with third-party payers for delivery of healthcare services, providing administrative support, employing all office staff and administering research and educational activities.
This partnership brings considerable strength to Sutter Medical Group. Sutter Health, with its size, stability and reputation for innovative healthcare programs, is attractive to patients and third-party payers. Sutter Health operates 5 hospitals in the region, area community clinics, skilled nursing facilities, senior day care centers, home care agencies and outpatient care facilities. Sutter Health also provides consumer and health information through its Sutter Health Information Center and Sutter Resource Library.
You’ll gain several other benefits by joining Sutter Medical Group:
- Personal/professional balance through a managed workload
- Reasonable call schedule and coverage during vacation or time off
- A practice environment that promotes quality medical care
- Opportunity to mentor or to be mentored
- Teaching opportunities through the Sutter Health Family Medicine Residency Program
- Research opportunities through the Sutter Institute for Medical Research
- Competitive compensation, very favorable pension plan, 401(k) plan and dependent care reimbursement plan
- Educational Reimbursement
- Computer/customer service training