If you’ve got throat pain or irritation, or if you’ve experienced vocal changes for more than three weeks, it may be time to consult with an ENT specialist. Many throat issues can be resolved with early care.
Throat, voice and swallowing problems can be caused by:
- Acute tonsil infection.
- Chronic throat clearing due to postnasal drip or acid reflux.
- Vocal cord weakness or lesions.
- Weakness following a stroke or other neurologic problem.
- Narrowing of the upper esophagus.
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation Voice and Swallow Program uses a multidisciplinary approach with a dedicated team of doctors and speech language pathologists to evaluate and treat throat disorders. We offer state-of-the-art:
- Care and therapy for disorders of the voice and upper airway.
- Care and therapy for disorders of swallowing.
The PAMF Voice and Swallow Program offers multidisciplinary care from Northern California Bay Area offices in Dublin, Fremont and San Carlos. Additionally, voice and swallowing therapy is available in the Palo Alto and Mountain View clinics.