Otolaryngologists at PAMF diagnose and treat conditions that affect the ears, nose and sinuses, voice box (larynx), oral cavity, and mouth and throat (upper pharynx), as well as structures of the neck and face.
Using state-of-the-art technology and research, these specialists care for a wide range of conditions, from sinusitis and hearing loss to obstructive sleep apnea and head and neck cancer. Otolaryngologists are trained to treat problems non-surgically using medicine, as well as with surgery if needed.
Otolaryngologists are involved with the care for:
- Pediatric ear, nose and throat care
- Ear surgery (ear tubes, repair of perforation, cholesteatoma)
- Hearing and inner ear disorders
- Surfer’s ear
- Neuro-otology and cochlear implants
- Nasal obstruction and sinus disease
- Tonsil and adenoid removal
- Voice and swallowing disorders
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Cosmetic facial surgery
- Surgery for head and neck tumors of the skin, oral cavity and salivary glands
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Comprehensive management of sleep apnea