You are an important part of your asthma treatment team. At the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, asthma experts help you learn how to prevent and manage your asthma.
Nearly 4 million children and adults in California suffer from asthma, a chronic disease that can cause wheezing and trouble breathing. When asthma is not adequately treated and kept under control, it can lead to many problems, such as:
- Frequent visits to the Emergency Department or hospitalization
- Inability to participate in physical activities, including exercise and sports
- Missed school and/or work days
- Lung damage
Our team works with you and your family so you can breathe freely again.
- Avoiding Asthma Triggers
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Asthma
- Maximizing Your Asthma Care
- Online Self-Guided Asthma Management Class
- Asthma Control Test (12 years and older) (PDF) English | Spanish
- Asthma Control Test (4 to 11 years) (PDF) English | Spanish