Whether it’s a business trip or a family vacation, international travel can be exciting. But it can also expose you to health risks if you aren’t prepared. One of the best ways to minimize your risks is to visit a travel medicine clinic in advance of your trip.
At Palo Alto Medical Foundation clinics, including the dedicated travel medicine department at our Sunnyvale location, travel medicine specialists treat adults and children and provide services including:
- Vaccinations and certificates for countries that require them.
- Prescriptions for medications recommended for specific destinations.
- Counseling on health and safety concerns associated with the country you will be visiting, including food and water precautions.
- Medical advice and up-to-date health information about the country you will be visiting, including notification of epidemics and environmental risks.
- Recommendations on what health-related items to pack.
NOTE: As of August 4th, 2017, due to a total depletion of YF-Vax until mid-2019, the manufacturer (Sanofi Pasteur) has worked with the Center for Disease Control(CDC) to make an alternative yellow fever vaccine, Stamaril, available at select locations until YF-Vax supply returns in mid-2018. The Palo Alto Medical Foundation will not supply the Stamaril vaccine but you can find Stamaril clinics through the CDC.