Some 10 million Americans suffer from hypothyroidism, a common thyroid disorder in which the body doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone, leading to fatigue and weight gain.
Endocrinologists in the Sutter Health network specialize in caring for patients with hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism (including Graves’ disease) and other thyroid disorders, including thyroid cancer and goiters. Although these conditions can be uncomfortable, most are highly treatable.
Endocrinologists often recommend a variety of services to treat thyroid disorders, including:
- Lab Tests — Diagnostics to measure hormone levels include thyroid function tests.
- Medications — To balance hormonal levels.
- Thyroid Surgery — To treat conditions including cancerous and benign thyroid nodules, large goiters and overactive thyroid glands.
- Radioactive Iodine — To treat overactive thyroid due to Graves’ disease or toxic nodules.
- In-office Procedures — These include thyroid ultrasound and ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy of the thyroid or parathyroid.
Don’t suffer from a thyroid condition alone. Endocrinologists in the Sutter Health network can treat your condition and help restore you to good health.