Bariatric interventions can dramatically improve your health. They can help reduce the severity of many serious health conditions related to obesity, including high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea and back and joint problems. Yet from pre-surgery preparation to lifelong care after surgery, your success will require a significant lifestyle change. It also requires a strong network of people who understand the challenges involved.
Our weight loss management program at Palo Alto Medical Foundation is designed to support you at every step of your weight loss journey. Our experienced doctors have performed more than 2,400 safe and effective bariatric surgeries since 2008, with proven results. On average, our patients lost 26 percent of their weight one year after surgery. Our full-spectrum weight management program includes diet and lifestyle management, minimally invasive procedures and bariatric surgery.
We offer newer non-surgical, endoscopic bariatric procedures for weight loss. These include gastric balloon placement, endoscopic revision of Roux-en-Y and endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty. Your doctor will work with you to determine the best choice for your needs and goals.
- All the information you need to make the right decision.
- Preoperative and post-operative nutrition support.
- Guidance in pre-surgery or pre-procedure preparation.
- Assistance in learning about your health plan coverage.
- Support in the crucial phase immediately after intervention.
- Bariatric follow-up care groups and medical monitoring in your lifelong adjustment to a new way of eating after your procedure.