Many teenagers and young adults find it rewarding to push themselves physically. Physical activity increases strength and provides you with energy. Try these healthy ways to push your body.
- Take up a school or club sport. This is an easy one with lots of choices.
- Go hiking. There are some great walks in Northern California. Get some fresh air!
- Join a gym.
- Create a new sport club, or get a group of friends to work out with.
- Sign up for a race (run, bike, swim or triathlon, to name a few) and begin training.
- Learn a new sport, such as skateboarding, inline skating or street hockey.
- Join an outside education group (or get a job there and get paid to exercise).
- Turn up the music on your stereo and dance in your room.
- Buy or borrow an exercise video or system (Wii, Xbox) and give it a try.
- Ride your bike to and from school and friends' houses. Remember to wear a helmet!
Last Reviewed: July 2019