We provide supportive services, including financial counseling, psychology and social-work specialists, cancer rehabilitation, and much more, to help you navigate the emotional, physical and logistical effects of your diagnosis and treatment.
Complementary care activities, free of charge, help you manage symptoms and improve your quality of life. Below are some of our offerings, by location. For dates and registration information, click on a title to view in our education calendar.
- Exercise for Energy E4E - Women's Group — Varied exercise and activities designed to support patients in chemotherapy treatment, radiation therapy or other cancer treatments.
- Exercise for Strength - Men's Class — Varied exercise and activities designed to support cancer patients.
- Expressions Painting Class — PAMF offers "Expressions" - a program of painting classes for cancer patients.
- Animal Assisted Therapy — The Irene Davidson Animal Assisted Therapy Program at PAMF is provided in partnership with the Peninsula Humane Society/SPCA and Furry Friends. Currently available in our Palo Alto Center Radiation Oncology Waiting Area.
- Healing Touch for Cancer Patients — These therapeutic sessions are open to PAMF patients, currently undergoing radiation therapy or chemotherapy treatments.
- Qigong — A relaxing path towards health and fitness
- Strength for Caring - For Caregivers Only — This workshop is for those who care for loved ones with cancer.
- Advanced Cancer Support Group — This group provides a safe environment that allows participants to share, listen, support each other and learn resources. Participants do not need to be in treatment but must have an advanced cancer diagnosis
- Cancer Support Group — A drop in general support group for anyone with a cancer diagnosis who is newly diagnosed or in treatment.
- Triumph Fitness — Are you someone who is completing or recently completed treatment for cancer?
- Yoga - Surviving & Thriving — Did you know that studies have shown that yoga can benefit cancer survivors by reducing fatigue and inflammation?
- Young Adult Cancer Support Group — Drop in group for patients between ages 18-44 years old. This is a place for mutual support, creating connections, sharing resources and listening. We will also have occasional guest speakers.
- Massage (Palo Alto, Mountain View) — Eastern based massage therapy provided to patients while in the infusion center receiving treatment.
- Massage Therapy for Cancer Patients (Santa Cruz) — Massage therapy provided to patients while in the infusion center receiving treatment.
PAMF partners with Cancer CAREPoint for its guided imagery and survivorship series events. Visit their website to learn more and to see a schedule of events. Cancer CAREPoint is supports cancer patients, families and caregivers in Silicon Valley through personalized, one-on-one counseling, assistance, resources and education.
For more information about any of the programs listed on this page please contact us at (877) 807-8010.