Type 2 diabetes and its precursor, prediabetes, are major health problems in the United States. A recent study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 40 percent of Americans will be diagnosed with diabetes at some point in their lifetime. Type 2 diabetes accounts for 90 to 95 percent of those diagnoses. Type 1 diabetes makes up just 5 percent of cases.
At PAMF, we’re committed to helping people with diabetes live a healthy, full life. The Diabetes Clinical Improvement Community, a multidisciplinary team of diabetes leaders across Northern California, works to share the latest treatments and research to ensure you receive the best in diabetes care. We offer services including:
- Certified Diabetes Educators — We offer specially trained educators to help you manage and cope with your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes diagnosis.
- Diabetes Self-Management Education — Our diabetes self-management education program is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Taught by certified diabetes educators, this training teaches you the seven self-care behaviors to help you live a full and healthy life.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy — Registered dietitians work closely with you to develop personalized eating plans to help control your Type 2 diabetes and improve your health.
- Weight Management Programs — We offer a variety of strategies and programs to help you manage your weight.
- Insulin Pump Therapy — We offer programs to help you learn about the options and choose what’s best for you.