Studies show it’s easier to lose weight with help. At the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, we offer nutrition counseling and a variety of weight loss classes and medically supervised programs to help you improve your health and reach your weight loss goals. We integrate our weight management programs with other health specialties such as heart care, diabetes prevention and sleep disorders to coordinate your treatment across the healthcare spectrum.
Our programs offer you the opportunity to:
- Set a goal in consultation with a weight loss expert and achieve measurable weight loss.
- Significantly reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Lower cholesterol and glucose levels, blood pressure and associated health risks.
To meet your individual needs, we offer a variety of tools and approaches, from meal replacement products to customized diets for specific health conditions. Our programs feature medical monitoring, regular classes, private consultations with weight loss experts, and training to break old habits and develop healthy, lifelong new routines.
- HMR (Health Management Resources) Weight Management Program — A non-surgical, clinical-based system designed to help you lose weight and keep it off.
- New Weigh of Life Program — A one-year program for those with or at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- CardioMetabolic Weight Management Program — Offered at Mills Health Center as part of cardiac rehabilitation.
- LifeSteps — A six-month program that emphasizes well-established strategies for successful behavior change.
- Weight Loss Medication Program
In addition to weight loss, past participants in our programs have seen significant improvements in health outcomes, including lowering high blood sugar and high triglycerides levels and reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol.
In some cases, your health plan may cover all or part of the costs of a formal weight management program. Check with your health plan for details.