At Palo Alto Medical Foundation, our teams will work with you to personalize your diabetes care and prevent complications. We strive to understand your life goals and health history to develop a treatment plan based on your unique needs. We serve people with Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes and prediabetes.
Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes share a similar name, but they are very different conditions. Prediabetes is a term used to indicate a higher than normal level of blood sugar, but not high enough to meet the diagnosis of diabetes. Without treatment (diet, exercise, weight management and medications for some), prediabetes can lead to Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
You don’t have to face diabetes alone. PAMF’s network of primary care doctors, specialist nurses and dietitians, and diabetes educators provide support, information and tools to help you feel confident in managing your diabetes and taking steps for better health.
We offer a wide range of diabetes-specific programs and services, including:
- Prediabetes classes, individual appointments and weight loss programs to help you reduce your diabetes risk.
- Referrals to an endocrinologist to evaluate your or your child’s Type 1 diabetes status and provide compassionate, personalized care, education about living with Type 1 diabetes and guidance for daily management of the disease.
- Weight management and fitness programs to help you prevent or manage Type 2 diabetes.
- Online programs to help you reach your Type 2 diabetes blood sugar management, weight loss, fitness and other goals.
- Diabetes support groups and classes that give you the chance to share and learn from others with diabetes.
- Trusted health information about treatment options and support services through our Community Health Resource Centers.
- Advanced specialty care for diabetes complications.
We also provide special services for pregnant women who develop gestational diabetes, ensuring mom and baby stay healthy throughout pregnancy and after birth.