PAMF offers midwife services in Santa Cruz and Fremont. At PAMF’s Fremont Care Center, nurse-midwives assist doctors with patient care. In Santa Cruz, PAMF nurse-midwives deliver babies.
As midwives, we:
- Support you throughout your pregnancy, birth and postpartum care.
- Provide annual gynecologic health maintenance exams.
- Provide all types of birth control.
- Advise on fertility, menopause or any other nonurgent gynecological concerns.
We can provide services via Video Visits through My Health Online, including pregnancy and nonpregnancy check-ins.
Certified nurse midwives (CNMs) have completed both nursing school and an advanced training graduate degree in midwifery. CNMs are also licensed to provide primary care and write prescriptions.
CNMs across America are dedicated to serving you and your family with dignity and respect. We’re committed to following the Philosophy of Care and the Hallmarks of Midwifery published by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
PAMF Santa Cruz
Our midwifery group in Santa Cruz is the only team to provide services at Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center. We’re driven to provide high-quality, consistent nursing and midwifery care to low-risk antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum women and newborn infants in a family-centered environment.
Santa Cruz midwifery resources and recommendations include:
- Centering Pregnancy. This group prenatal care option connects you with other local, soon-to-be parents as you progress through your pregnancy. For more information, please call (831) 477-2375.
- Birth Center Video Tour. Take a virtual tour of the Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz.
- Online preregistration for Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center.
- Classes on childbirth, breastfeeding, newborn care and more.
- Babies in Common, childbirth education and support.
- Spinning Babies, online parent education classes and exercises to optimize your baby’s position for labor.
- Evidence Based Birth, offering COVID-19 pregnancy information and guided breathing exercises.
- The Birth Hour podcast for diverse birth stories.