During labor and delivery, we put you and your family’s needs first. Five of Sutter Health's birth centers have earned the Baby-Friendly Hospital designation from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund.
Our birth centers and hospitals offer a variety of services and amenities, which can include:
- Highly skilled and compassionate obstetricians, midwives and nursing teams.
- Private, comfortable labor rooms.
- Wireless monitors that allow laboring mothers to walk outside their rooms without interrupting fetal heart rate monitoring.
- Convertible furniture for a partner or key support person to stay overnight with mother and baby.
- Showers, birth balls and other tools to help reduce pain during labor.
- Newborn care classes for new parents.
- A welcoming environment for older siblings and other visitors.
- Social workers for mothers and families in need of special support.
- Breastfeeding support and classes.
- Celebration dinner after your baby's birth.
For a comprehensive library of tools and articles to help you and your partner through pregnancy, labor, and delivery, visit Babies at Sutter Health.