Finding the right doctor can help you lead a healthier, happier life. At PAMF, nearly 200 internal medicine doctors, also called internists, care for people over age 18 in five Bay Area counties. Each is a primary care physician (PCP) committed to serving as your long-term health partner. Internists focus on preventing, diagnosing and treating disorders — particularly those that affect internal systems.
Your internist can help you make lifestyle changes that will improve your overall health. Internists offer an extensive range of nonsurgical medical services including:
- Preventive care
- Physical exams and evaluations
- Management of chronic conditions such as arthritis, diabetes and hypertension
- Management of complex disorders in people who have multiple conditions
- Mental health evaluations
- Treatment of infectious diseases such as flu and pneumonia
- Geriatric care
In addition to providing long-term care, many internists have additional training in subspecialties such as gastroenterology and rheumatology. Some internists also offer an innovative new care model called shared medical appointments. Organized around conditions like diabetes or kidney disease, these groups offer the opportunity to get support from people going through similar health challenges while receiving medical advice at the same time.
- New Patient Health History Form (PDF)
- Established Adult Patient Health History Update (PDF)
- Pediatric Health History Form (PDF)