The legacy of Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital started in 1867, as a small community hospital on the corner of Humboldt and Cherry streets in Santa Rosa. Heeding cries to move the facility outside of city limits, Sonoma County purchased land just north of town and built a hospital on Chanate Road in 1936. A new wing was added to modernize the facility in 1956 and further expansion included a four-story wing, increasing the hospital’s capacity. In 1996, Sutter Health agreed to improve the aging county medical center, expand services and ultimately build a modern replacement hospital that met new earthquake safety standards.
Sutter fulfilled that promise by opening the new hospital in 2014. With a modern design, the latest technology and the best in green building construction, Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital now provides state-of-the-art healthcare for the region. The facility is located at 30 Mark West Springs Road and is accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospital consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the region, according to independent quality rating organizations.