Mission Bernal Campus offers women’s health options that are as diverse as our neighborhood. Our team of midwives and doctors can help you create a custom birth plan. We partner with other services to offer ultrasound technology, genetic counseling, pediatricians, adult-medicine doctors, lactation consultants, massage therapy, pharmacy and lab services — all in the same building. We also offer Video Visits for common health concerns, so you can see your provider right from home.
CPMC Mission Bernal partners with the Mission Bernal Women’s Clinic, the longest-standing prenatal service in San Francisco that provides midwives who deliver babies in the hospital.
Our highly trained nurse-midwives partner with you throughout your prenatal care and delivery. The skillful team at Mission Bernal also includes doctors specializing in high-risk pregnancy, trial of labor after cesarean (TOLAC) and pregnancy with diabetes. Languages spoken by our team members include English, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil.
Pregnancy and childbirth services offered include:
- Prenatal Care — In addition to individual care with a doctor or midwife, you can choose Group Prenatal Care. In this program, small groups of women at similar stages of pregnancy meet with a nurse-midwife in a group setting. These groups combine foundational prenatal care with childbirth education and peer support. Partners are welcome, and it’s an excellent way to build community during this pivotal stage in your life.
- Labor and Delivery — We specialize in low-intervention care, with advanced medical care as needed. Midwives, nurses and doulas work side by side with OB/Gyn doctors, and anesthesiologists are available 24 hours a day. Our close-knit and collaborative approach results in lower than average rates of cesareans, induced-labor and episiotomies. We also provide evidence-based alternative approaches to labor and pain management.
- After Your Baby Is Born — A nurse-midwife will call to check on your well-being and answer your questions. Depending on the level of support you prefer, we offer one or multiple postpartum appointments in our office, along with contraception services. Newborn Connections, home to certified lactation consultants, is open at CPMC’s Mission Bernal Campus, Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, (415) 641-6532. We also offer breastfeeding support both during and after your hospital stay. (Take a short video tour of the CPMC Birth Center.)
Sutter’s Mission Bernal Women's Clinic is proud to offer lifetime healthcare, including routine preventive care and management or surgical treatment of complicated gynecological issues. Whether you choose to see a doctor for a complex condition or visit with a certified nurse-midwife for a low-risk matter, every provider offers respectful, non-judgmental and evidence-based gynecologic care. If you need gynecologic surgery, you’ll receive it at our state-of-the-art Mission Bernal hospital.
Gynecology services include:
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Cancer prevention with pap screenings, HPV vaccination, breast exams and genetic testing and counseling.
- Minimally invasive surgery for uterine and ovarian conditions.
- Birth control consultation and emergency contraception.
- Support and treatment for miscarriage.
- Respectful and confidential abortion care.
- Fertility consultation and optimizing health for future pregnancy.
- Evaluation and treatment of gynecological problems, such as pelvic pain, sexual issues, fibroids, ovarian cysts and abnormal periods.
- Evaluation and treatment of menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, sleep disturbance, mood changes and sexual changes.
- Treatment for urinary problems and weakened pelvic floor muscles.
- Acupuncture for infertility, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, migraines and musculoskeletal pain.
- Ayurvedic consultation and herbal remedies for common medical ailments.
Please call (415) 641-6996 to schedule an appointment. Our address is 1580 Valencia St., Suite 508, right next to the CPMC Mission Bernal hospital.