Nutritionist Sharon Meyer from the Institute of Health and Healing recommends this versatile soup which includes nutrient-rich dark, leafy greens, adding naturally powerful phytochemicals and amino acids to help build your immune system. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 bag of organic power greens, or super greens (or other sturdy greens, such as 1 bunch of kale, chard, or a bag of spinach – your choice).
- 4 – 5 oz of organic broth (can be vegetable or any bone broth such as beef, chicken or fish).
- Wash and roughly chop the greens.
- Put all greens and broth in a blender and mix together.
- Warm the soup and add your choice of chopped egg, avocado, shredded chicken, salsa, steak, shrimp, canned tuna or salmon, roasted vegetables, olive oil and lemon juice or tofu.
- Season with salt, pepper and chopped fresh herbs, as desired.
- Sprinkle with your choice of pumpkin or sunflower seeds and serve.
Note: Once blended, the base can be stored in a large glass jar in the fridge for up to four days.