At PAMF, our breastfeeding and lactation consultants assist new mothers with breastfeeding basics. Breastfeeding coaches can explain your newborn's behavior, helping you interpret his or her signals. Consultants also address soothing, burping, sleep patterns and sibling adjustment. We can also assist you in resolving any conflicting information you may receive on baby care and breastfeeding.
Our expert lactation consultants work as part of your healthcare team, communicating with your baby's physician or with your physician, if this is appropriate, so that you are provided with consistent advice. Our electronic medical records ensure seamless communication between your physician and lactation consultant. Lactation services are available to families throughout their breastfeeding experience.
Breastfeeding and lactation consultants address breastfeeding basics including:
- Latching — How to position your baby comfortably and easily for feeding.
- Feeding Cues — How to know when to feed your baby and when your baby is full.
- Managing Feedings — Do I use one breast or two? How often?
- Sore Nipples — How to prevent and heal them.
- Milk Supply — How to develop a great supply and troubleshoot low supply issues.
- Maternal Nutrition — Answers to your questions about your diet when breastfeeding
- Going Back to Work — How to transition back to work while breastfeeding.
Drop-in breastfeeding support is available at various sites. See individual locations for dates and times.