More than 20 years ago, PAMF’s Health Education division wanted to better address community health needs by collaborating with local community partners: other healthcare organizations, schools, families, community agencies and groups.
PAMF Health Education actively works “outside the clinic walls” to improve health in our communities. In addition to providing you with direct education through classes and lectures and supporting in-house clinical initiatives, you’ll find PAMF educators:
- Giving presentations and contributing to major health initiatives at elementary, middle and high schools.
- Serving on school district wellness councils.
- Providing local schools a Youth Nutrition program, the “5210: Numbers to Live By” curriculum, with easily accessible resources for teaching about fruits and vegetables, screen time and physical activity.
- Sponsoring support groups and parent education projects.
- Sharing time and expertise with local coalitions dedicated to emerging health issues, such as children’s health and nutrition, student mental wellness and suicide prevention, reducing health-risk behaviors, and reinforcing physical activity and biking for youth.
Visit PAMF’s Special Events listing to find options near you.